EIFS is Exterior Insulation and Finishing System, also known as Synthetic Stucco.
Stucco is a cement-type mixture made of Portland cement, lime, sand and water. It is a thin finish coat that goes on the outermost layer of residential and commercial constructions. These days stucco has polymers and other agents for increased flexibility that improves its resilience.
Durable, attractive, and weather-resistant the traditional application of stucco and lath occurs in three coats - the scratch coat, the brown coat and the finish coat. The two base coats of plaster are either hand-applied or machine sprayed. The finish coat can be troweled smooth, hand-textured, floated to a sand finish or sprayed.
Invented by a company called Sto Corp. and introduced to Europe in 1963. During the energy crisis of the 1970s, it was introduced into North America, since EIFS was considered an important cladding for energy conservation. Today, EIFS is the fastest-growing residential and commercial wall cladding system, surpassing brick in many residential markets as the cladding system of choice.
We are the exclusive distributor of Sto products in Western Canada. Sto features premium products backed by eight decades of German engineering and innovation. Our Sto Tinters colour-match and mix finish coats in-house.
From base coat to finish and everything in between, we’ve got what you need for conventional and acrylic stucco projects.
back to top
While having the appearance of stucco or conventional rendered plaster, EIFS is a multi-layered wall system that consists of the following components:
- Weather-resistant barriers or membranes that are barriers to air and moisture
- EPS insulation boards that are secured to the exterior wall surface
- Multiple options to fasten the insulation board to the exterior wall surface
- Base coat and mesh are applied on top of the insulation and reinforced with EIFS glass fibre mesh
- Primer and finish coat are applied on top of the primed base coat giving a decorative, durable, crack-resistant finish
Kenroc carries all the components you need from the best brands in the industry for all your stucco and EIFS projects.
back to top
We also carry the contractor-preferred accessories and tools for your stucco and EIFS needs including:
- Rasps, Super Scoops, Floats, Hawks, Trowels
- Mixing Drills
- Hot Groover Kits
- Stucco Sand
- Coloured Granite & Quartz
- Galvanized Metal Lath
- Stucco Wire, Corners and Mesh
- Stucco Stops
- Window Flashing
- Building Paper
- Homewrap & Drainwrap
- Casing Bead
- Industrial Plaster
- Bonding Agents
- Mortar Additives
- Hardie Board Siding & Accessories
- Soffit Vents
We're providing links to the vendor's website to give you the most up-to-date information for these products.