JOB DESCRIPTION – Driving as well as physical labour
Deliver building materials to customers at their construction sites with a material handler.
Describe your strong sense of team, safety leadership and dedication to customers when applying for this driver – labour position.
The driver leads the team delivering building materials to customers’ construction sites.
The driver and the team unload the materials by hand and, at times, with equipment, such as:
- articulated truck-mounted booms
- specialized carts
The team must ensure the materials aren’t damaged during delivery and that each customer is satisfied with the materials and service provided.
The driver leads the team in safety, encouraging and demonstrating safe practices and company policies and procedures.
Those offered the job must:
- Have a current Class 3 licence
- Consent to and pass pre-employment drug testing
- Be ready for physical labour
- Repeatedly lift and carry heavy building materials (as much as 100 pounds or more)
- Provide a clean driver abstract (must be insurable)
- Arrive at work on schedule and fit for duty
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada without sponsorship
$ WAGE $
– Industry-competitive wages
– The hourly wage for this position is based on driver’s licence, previous experience and certifications.
– Overtime opportunities plus benefits (see below)
DAYS AND HOURS – SCHEDULE
– Work days are Monday to Friday.
– Shift starts at 7 a.m.
– May be offered some Saturday mornings.
TRAINING & SAFETY WORK WEAR
– Ongoing training for safety and job duties is provided.
– Protective clothing and equipment are provided as is image wear.
– Allowances are paid for purchasing jeans and steel-toed boots for this job.
- Interest in doing physical labour
- Comfort with heights and ladders
- Demonstrated endurance – capable of lifting and carrying repeatedly
- Complete tasks in a safe manner
- Follow directions and procedures related to safety
- Ask questions to increase personal understanding
- Be aware of and alert to hazards and respond appropriately
WORKS WELL WITH OTHERS
- Good communication skills (listening, verbal and written)
- Dedicated to satisfying customer needs
- Enjoy team work
- Present a tidy and professional appearance
- Effectively manage time
- Notice and attend to details
- Produce quality work with minimal supervision
- Remain alert and responsive in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Employee image wear
- Jean and boot allowances
- Fun team events for staff
After three (3) months:
- Group benefits (health, disability, dental, vision, life insurance and more)
- Employee & Family Assistance Program
- Employee purchase discounts
- Fitness allowance
After one (1) year:
- Company pension plan
- Employee Profit Sharing Program
- Anniversary gift and company-wide recognition
- Career development opportunities
- Corporate sponsored training
Kenroc is a specialty building material supplier. The company has been in business since 1967, steadily growing to 16 current locations across Western Canada.
Employees of Kenroc are committed to the company’s vision and are guided by its values of integrity, safety, customer service, people, community and success.
Learn what Kenroc employees have to say about their team and serving customers:
This opportunity close February 14, 2020