Sales of building materials
The OUTSIDE SALES REPRESENTATIVE will be part of the Sales Team who are responsible for maintaining sales to our current customers and for proactively looking for opportunities to increase our Commercial/Residential Contractor, Roofing, Drywall and Exterior Stucco Building envelope business.
The successful applicant will have the ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with existing and potential new customers. They will demonstrate excellent customer service skills as they work with each of our customers to assist them in determining what their needs are and to ensure their orders are delivered in a timely and accurate manner.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Ensuring existing customer base is maintained while identifying/targeting new business opportunities.
- Confirming customer needs and identifying and promoting new product opportunities to customers.
- Maximizing growth margin potential and sales closures, resulting in increased sales revenue.
- Providing technical support to customers, while continually upgrading and ensuring current product knowledge is maintained.
- Preparing accurate job quotes for customers.
- Planning and initiating customer calls and follow-ups to ensure requests and/or issues are handled in an effective and timely manner.
- Preparing and monitoring a territory sales activity plan to ensure targeted goals are met.
- Contributing to the sales team functions to further the success of the business.
- Promoting, attending and helping organize promotional and marketing events.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE FOR THIS ROLE WILL POSSESS:
- Solid knowledge and understanding of the building materials industry
- Excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills.
- A demonstrated consultative selling style and with the ability to cold-call on potential new customers.
- Ability to recognize and assist in developing/implementing solid sales opportunities and strategies.
- A positive self-starter attitude and a solid commitment to our Company vision and values.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers and customers.
- An ability to effectively multi-task and problem solve in a challenging environment.
- Excellent organizational and decision making skills.
- Excellent customer follow-up skills and demonstrated tenacity.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively both independently and within a team environment.
- Previous sales/customer service experience a must.
A credit check and pre-placement drug testing are mandatory.
Must be legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Employee image wear
- Jean and boot allowances
- Team-building events for fun
After three months (successful completion of probation period):
- Group benefits (health, disability, dental, vision, life insurance and more)
- Employee & Family Assistance Program
- Employee purchase discounts
- Fitness allowance
After one year:
- Company pension plan
- Employee Profit Sharing Program
- Anniversary gift and company-wide recognition
- Career development opportunities
- Corporate sponsored training
- Monthly car allowance
Kenroc is a well-established specialty building material supplier with branches throughout Western Canada. Learn more
Kenroc is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing career opportunities and work-life balance options for our dedicated workforce.
Kenroc offers competitive wages along with a comprehensive benefit package that includes health, disability, dental, vision and life insurance, as well as pension and profit sharing for all employees.
Employees of Kenroc are committed to the company’s vision and are guided by its values. Learn moreEmployee reviews of Kenroc