Kenroc Coquitlam is currently seeking the right people to join its team as material handlers.
Apply today if you are highly motivated, focused on customer service and interested in and capable of lifting and carrying building materials.
Our material handlers work with drivers, as a team, delivering building materials to customers. At the customer site, the team unloads and physically places shingles and/or additional building materials on rooftops as requested by the customer.
Delivery equipment, such as articulated truck mounted booms, forklifts or conveyors, may be used. Materials are also lifted and carried by the team.
- Physically able to repeatedly handle heavy lifting/carrying (up to 100+ lbs.)
- Pre-placement drug testing is mandatory
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada without sponsorship
- Fall Arrest Certification
- Shingle/Roofing delivery/experience
- Drywall delivery experience – preferred
- A desire for physical work (Who needs a gym?)
- A comfort level with heights/ladders
- Demonstrated endurance – capable of lifting and carrying repeatedly
- Ability to safely complete tasks
- A solid demonstrated focus on safety
- Ability to effectively manage time
- Attention to detail
- Ability to produce quality work with minimal supervision produce quality work with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced and demanding environment
WORKS WELL WITH OTHERS
- Good communication skills (listening, verbal and written)
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to successfully work within a team environment
- A clean and professional personal appearance
Kenroc is a well-established specialty building material supplier with branches throughout Western Canada. Learn more
Kenroc is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing career opportunities and work-life balance options for our dedicated workforce.
Kenroc offers competitive wages along with a comprehensive benefit package that includes health, disability, dental, vision and life insurance, as well as pension and profit sharing for all employees.
Employees of Kenroc are committed to the company’s vision and are guided by its values. Learn more
- Full-time hours and competitive pay
- Great benefits
- Company pension plan
- Profit-sharing program
- Employee & Family Assistance Program
- Safety-focused work environment
- Career development opportunities
- Corporate-sponsored training
- Gym/health club subsidy
- Employee image wear (at no cost)
- Jean & boot allowances
- Service recognition & rewards program