The Outside Sales Representative is responsible for establishing and maintaining positive relationships with all customers, vendors and co-workers to ensure the profitable sale of products and branch profit growth. For success, the Outside Sales Representative is accountable for driving opportunities for new and existing business, while ensuring excellent solutions-based customer service and effectively supporting efficient, accurate order processing and delivery.
- As applicable to scope of duties, ensures that the Kenroc Safety Policy is followed and works together with the joint Safety Committee to ensure the Branch Safety Program is current, effective and consistently practiced.
- Establishes and maintains customer contacts for the assigned territory/customer list by proactively initiating sales calls to customers.
- Prepares and monitors the sales activity plan ensuring the branch's sales goals are being consistently met.
- Provides monthly written reports detailing sales and customer contact frequency.
- Monitors customer purchasing patterns and informs customers about the features and benefits of Kenroc products and services.
- Proactively hunts for new accounts and innovative ways to expand current accounts.
- Contacts, documents and reports on dormant accounts.
- Provides customers with product technical information, product uses and industry information.
- Applies for “product equals” (job specifications).
- Other Duties as assigned.
- GED (Grade 12)
- At least 3 years of sales experience, preferable in the building materials industry
- Sales/Telemarketing training
- Customer Service training
- Time Management training
- Point of Sale Systems training
- Computer (Outlook, Excel, Word) training
- Competitive Pay & Great Benefits
- Company Pension & Profit-Sharing Program
- Employee & Family Assistance Program
- Career Development & Corporate-Sponsored Training
- Gym/Health Club Subsidy
- Employee Image Wear (No Cost)
- Jean & Boot Allowances
- Service Recognition & Rewards Program
- Employee Purchase Discounts & more!
Kenroc is an equal opportunity employer who values cultural diversity, and we are committed to providing career opportunities and work-life balance options for our dedicated workforce.
Thank you for your interest in our organization! To apply, click the apply now button and follow the prompts.
Candidates selected for the interview process will be contacted in the near future.