Work with a driver delivering building materials to customers at their construction sites.
Industry experience is not necessary, but is appreciated. More than one person will be hired.
Working at _____________?
- Moving furniture and equipment
Let’s talk! Describe your strong sense of team and safety focus when applying for this labour position.
Live in ____ ?
- Port Coquitlam
Kenroc Coquitlam’s address is 2401 United Boulevard in Coquitlam.
Speak Punjabi? The manager for this position speaks Punjabi and English.
$ WAGE $
The hourly wage for this position is based on previous experience and certifications.
Overtime opportunities plus benefits (see below)
DAYS AND HOURS – SCHEDULE
Work days are Monday to Friday.
Shift starts at 6 a.m.
May be offered some Saturdays.
TRAINING & SAFETY WORK WEAR
Experience is not necessary. Ongoing training for safety and job duties is provided.
Protective clothing and equipment are provided as is image wear.
Allowances are paid for purchasing jeans and steel-toed boots for this job.
Be dedicated to our customers by doing physical labour in a safe and careful manner as part of a team.
Those offered the job must:
- Be ready for physical labour
- Repeatedly lift and carry heavy building materials (as much as 100 pounds or more)
- Arrive at work on schedule and fit for duty
- Pass pre-employment drug testing
- Be legally entitled to work in Canada without sponsorship
The material handler assists the driver in delivering building products to customers’ construction sites.
The team unloads the materials by hand and, at times, with equipment, such as:
- articulated truck-mounted booms
- specialized carts
The team must ensure the materials aren’t damaged during delivery and that each customer is satisfied with the materials and service provided.
- Interest in doing physical labour
- Comfort with heights and ladders
- Demonstrated endurance – capable of lifting and carrying repeatedly
- Complete tasks in a safe manner
- Follow directions and procedures related to safety
- Ask questions to increase personal understanding
- Be aware of and alert to hazards and respond appropriately
WORKS WELL WITH OTHERS
- Good communication skills (listening, verbal and written)
- Dedicated to satisfying customer needs
- Enjoy team work
- Present a tidy and professional appearance
- Effectively manage time
- Notice and attend to details
- Produce quality work with minimal supervision
- Remain alert and responsive in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Employee image wear
- Jean and boot allowances
- Team-building events for fun
After three months (successful completion of probation period):
- Group benefits (health, disability, dental, vision, life insurance and more)
- Employee & Family Assistance Program
- Employee purchase discounts
- Fitness allowance
After one year:
- Employee Profit Sharing Program
- Anniversary gift and company-wide recognition
- Career development opportunities
- Corporate sponsored training
- Work towards:
- Obtaining your Class 3 or Class 1 license
- Forklift Operator Certification
- Boom Operator Certification
- First Aid Certification
Kenroc is a specialty building material supplier. The company has been in business since 1967, steadily growing to 16 locations across Western Canada.
Employees of Kenroc are committed to the company’s vision and are guided by its values of integrity, safety, customer service, people, community and success.
Learn what Kenroc employees have to say about their team and serving customers.Employee reviews of Kenroc
An immediate interview will be granted to those who visit.
2401 United Boulevard in Coquitlam.
Monday to Friday
6 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Ask for Kelly, Wayne or Amrik.
This opportunity close October 31, 2019