The Winner of the Camaro is...
Irvin Foster, Capital Drywall Alberta 2003 Inc.
We are very excited to announce the winner of our 50th Anniversary customer contest; Irvin Foster from Capital Drywall in Calgary is the new owner of the 1967 Indigo Blue Camaro which has toured all Kenroc branches during 2017.
In order to be eligible for the draw a customer had to buy $5,000 to receive their first entry and then each additional $1,000 in purchases created another entry. We had 1,743 customers who were in the draw. Throughout the year we had many customers come to our twelve 50th Anniversary customer events, which were held in all our Kenroc branches. They tested out the driver’s seat, checked under the hood, shared stories about similar cars and dreamed about winning. Only one could win and have their dream come true and it was Irvin Foster
50 years of superior performance celebrated with one impressive car
Fifty years ago, the opportunity to do something new and better became clear. Providing superior service to the emerging drywall contractor trade was the focus of a new business that Ken Sexton started in Regina. He opened the doors of his small office and yard on North Railway Avenue on April 10, 1967, naming his venture Kenroc Building Materials.
That year, there was a new -- and intriguing -- car on the market. Chevrolet saw the opportunity to do something better and also went for it, building up excitement for months before finally bringing its new car to the public. Buyers lined up to get the car whose name suggested the “comradeship of a good friend”– the 1967 Chevy Camaro.
Today, Kenroc Building Materials has grown to 16 locations across Western Canada by never taking its eye off of the goal of providing superior service. Meanwhile, the Camaro has driven its way into the hearts and minds of collectors and admirers who appreciate its performance, appearance and comfort.
To celebrate 50 years of business, Kenroc Building Materials is proud to award one very lucky winner their own 1967 Chevrolet Camaro SS. This clean, first generation Camaro, repainted in GM’s Indigo Blue, has a 350/295 HP engine with a mild cam, Modine oil pan, Edelbrock carburetor and ceramic-coated exhaust manifolds. Its power steering and brakes offer a comfortable cruise to drivers who will appreciate the modern sound system and the other extensive updates to its interior as well as under the hood.
DETAILS OF THE KENROC 1967 CHEVY CAMARO SS:
- 350/295 HP engine
- Mild cam
- Modine oil pan
- Edelbrock carb Ceramic-coated exhaust manifolds
- Hi-torque starter
- HEI distributor
- New fuel lines
- Custom Magna Flow exhaust system
- Recently rebuilt 250 TH transmission
- New transmission oil cooler
- New universal joints 12 bolt posi differential recently rebuilt with new 3:31 gears, axles, bearings and seals
- New Optima battery, aluminum radiator, water pump, dual electric fans
- Fuel tank refurbished including new float and sending unit
- Hotchkis tubular link front end with coil over shocks, and new rear KYB gas shocks Vintage air conditioning system
- New wiring harness
- New switches
- New interior, including carpet, seat covers, seat padding, door handles, headliner, kick panels, pedal covers, turn indicator, arm rests, dash pad, console with gauges
- New windshield, rubber and window seals, interior and exterior trim pieces – too many to list
- Alpine audio system with MP3, Bluetooth, amplifier and subwoofer
- American Torque Thrust Wheels and BF Goodrich tires
- Extensive receipts for parts and services performed
CONTEST RULES *No was purchase necessary. Open January 1, 2017 to October 31, 2017 to legal residents of Canada (excluding Quebec) who have reached the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence. One (1) grand prize was available (selected at random): a 1967 Chevrolet Camaro SS (approximate value $38,000). Odds of winning depended on the number of eligible entries during the applicable entry period. 250-word essay required for each "no purchase necessary" entry. Math skills test required.