50 years of superior performance celebrated with one impressive car
Fifty years ago, the opportunity to do something new and better became clear. Providing superior service to the emerging drywall contractor trade was the focus of a new business that Ken Sexton started in Regina. He opened the doors of his small office and yard on North Railway Avenue on April 10, 1967, naming his venture Kenroc Building Materials.
That year, there was a new -- and intriguing -- car on the market. Chevrolet saw the opportunity to do something better and also went for it, building up excitement for months before finally bringing its new car to the public. Buyers lined up to get the car whose name suggested the “comradeship of a good friend”– the 1967 Chevy Camaro.
Today, Kenroc Building Materials has grown to 16 locations across Western Canada by never taking its eye off of the goal of providing superior service. Meanwhile, the Camaro has driven its way into the hearts and minds of collectors and admirers who appreciate its performance, appearance and comfort.
To celebrate 50 years of business, Kenroc Building Materials is proud to award one very lucky winner their own 1967 Chevrolet Camaro SS. This clean, first generation Camaro, repainted in GM’s Indigo Blue, has a 350/295 HP engine with a mild cam, Modine oil pan, Edelbrock carburetor and ceramic-coated exhaust manifolds. Its power steering and brakes offer a comfortable cruise to drivers who will appreciate the modern sound system and the other extensive updates to its interior as well as under the hood.
DETAILS OF THE KENROC 1967 CHEVY CAMARO SS:
- 350/295 HP engine
- Mild cam
- Modine oil pan
- Edelbrock carb Ceramic-coated exhaust manifolds
- Hi-torque starter
- HEI distributor
- New fuel lines
- Custom Magna Flow exhaust system
- Recently rebuilt 250 TH transmission
- New transmission oil cooler
- New universal joints 12 bolt posi differential recently rebuilt with new 3:31 gears, axles, bearings and seals
- New Optima battery, aluminum radiator, water pump, dual electric fans
- Fuel tank refurbished including new float and sending unit
- Hotchkis tubular link front end with coil over shocks, and new rear KYB gas shocks Vintage air conditioning system
- New wiring harness
- New switches
- New interior, including carpet, seat covers, seat padding, door handles, headliner, kick panels, pedal covers, turn indicator, arm rests, dash pad, console with gauges
- New windshield, rubber and window seals, interior and exterior trim pieces – too many to list
- Alpine audio system with MP3, Bluetooth, amplifier and subwoofer
- American Torque Thrust Wheels and BF Goodrich tires
- Extensive receipts for parts and services performed
WHO CAN ENTER?
All customers who spend a minimum of $5,000 with Kenroc Building Materials before Oct. 31, 2017 will be entered in the draw for this 1967 Chevy Camaro SS.
(Kenroc Building Materials, Sexton Group, Builders Choice, Sexton Investments employees and their family members are not eligible to participate.)
HOW TO ENTER:
- One entry for each Kenroc customer who spends at least $5,000 at Kenroc between January 1, 2017 and October 31, 2017.
- Additional entries are available– one for every $1,000 spent at Kenroc between January 1, 2017 and October 31, 2017 beyond the minimum purchase of $5,000.
Kenroc will submit entries on behalf of customers.
- Kenroc will tabulate customer purchases from January 1, 2017 to October 31, 2017. Eligible customers will have their entries put in the draw drum.
- Each customer entered must have their account with Kenroc paid according to their specific payment terms as of October 31,2017.
Date of draw All entries will be captured in a drum and a draw will be made on November 10,2017 by Kenroc founder Ken Sexton.
*No purchase necessary. Those who wish to enter, but who have not made a purchase, can receive an entry. “No purchase necessary" entries will be available at each local branch of Kenroc. These entries must be returned to the local branch.
CONTEST RULES *No purchase necessary. Open January 1, 2017 to October 31, 2017 to legal residents of Canada (excluding Quebec) who have reached the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence. One (1) grand prize available (selected at random): a 1967 Chevrolet Camaro SS (approximate value $38,000). Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries during the applicable entry period. 250-word essay required for each "no purchase necessary" entry. Math skills test required.